Book your flights to the ISCC 2015, The Twentieth IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications online at www.austrian.com and save 15% on all applicable fares! To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking-engine, or click here to have it prefilled:
- Booking period: now until July 9th, 2015
- Valid for flights to Larnaca via Vienna and return as of June 30th, 2015 until July 16th, 2015 (final date for return flight) on OS operated flights and code share flights with OS flight numbers.
Cyprus has two (2) airports:
- The Larnaca International Airport, which is located about 5km (3 miles) from Larnaca and 142 km (88 miles) from Paphos. For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca).
- The Paphos International Airport, which is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos and 142 km (88 miles) from Larnaca. For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos).
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
Private Taxi Transfers
Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org. These transfers can be private (max 3 persons) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is quaranteed.
Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
Participants may opt to hire a car during their stay, and thus use it for their airport transfers. Cars may be reserved through the conference coordinator, EasyConferences at special conference rates and are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org.
Please note that Cyprus has a comprehensive public bus network, with extensive inner-city routes and also major city and airport connections. You can find more information at Cyprusbybus.com. If you require specific information, please click here and select your desired city.
Please visit 'Zinonas Buses' website at www.zinonasbuses.com to find route, timetable and map that matches your preferences.
Larnaca Airport to Venue
Use the Larnaca public bus Route 425 (View as PDF) which passes by Golden Bay-Venue Hotel and all the other accommodation hotels.
Alternatively, you can use one of the public bus route 417/418/419 to get to Larnaca City Centre (Central Bus Station) and afterwards hop on another bus to reach your accommodation hotel.
Please visit 'Zinonas Buses' webpage at www.zinonasbuses.com for routes, timetables and maps for all buses in Larnaca.
Paphos Airport to Venue
Step 1: Once you arrive at Paphos Airport, you can take the direct service to Limassol (Ag. Georgios Havouzas bus stop); handled by Limassol Airport Express coaches. You may visit limassolairportexpress.eu to check the timetable that matches your flight. Alternatively, you can use the Intercity Buses (Green Buses) to get to Limassol city (New Limassol Port Station - last stop).
Step 2: From New Limassol Port Station take the Public Bus Company 'Intercity Buses': www.intercity-buses.com to get to Larnaca (Finikoudes Bus Stop).
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is the Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone: Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community.
Important note for travelers
As Cyprus is a candidate country bound to join the Schengen Area, Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid multiple-entry Schengen visas must first pass through a full Schengen member territory in order to utilize the visa in Cyprus. The Schengen Visa holder is allowed to travel to Cyprus directly from a Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
The above arrangements do not apply for persons holding a Turkish or Azerbaijani passport. If you are affected, please visit the Cyprus Ministry of Foreign Affairs website on how to apply for a Cyprus Visa.
For further information, please check the European Commission website regarding Schengen Visas.
Schengen Area as of 1/7/2013
Where Visas are being issued
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries:
ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI) and UZBEKISTAN.
The above information is based on information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Twentieth IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications
Dates06 - 09 July, 2015
VenueGolden Bay, Larnaca, Cyprus
Andreas Pitsillides (UCY, Cyprus)
Mahmoud Daneshmand (SIT, USA)
George A. Papadopoulos (UCY, Cyprus)
George Pallis (UCY, Cyprus)